|Website Updated: Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
|...with members from Westmorland County, New Brunswick & Cumberland County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
|Every Monday night except in July and August, volunteer club members of the WARC conduct the
WARC Weekly Net at 8 pm on various linked repeaters. Why not listen and check in?
Storm Watch: If the WX looks inclement for a WARC meeting night, then listen to the VE1WRC Repeater
(147.285+ MHz) during the day for a recorded message regarding its status.
1) Congratulations to Ron Blue who wrote his exam during the October 1st, 2014 club meeting
and easily passed it. Welcome to the club, Ron!
2) "The Tantramar",our WARC Newsletter, is now on the website HERE.
3) The Minutes of the WARC September 2014 AGM and of the WARC September Regular
Meeting are now available on the website.
4) The first Brunch of the fall season was held at Patterson's Restaurant in Sackville, NB on
Saturday, September 13th. VE1SM Peter was subjected to a "smear campaign" which had nothing
to do with the NB provincial election campaign! Thanks to VE1ZX, Brad for the photos. Click HERE
and scroll down to September 2014.
5) Recent VE1BHS repeater work photos from Lorne, VE1BXK and Brad, VE1ZX are HERE. The
work took place on 27th July 2014. Additional photos added on August 7th, 2014.
6) Passing of the Torch at the Cumberland County EMO Office:
1) Exercise "Handshake" - an ongoing exercise held on various repeaters and held monthly on the
last Tuesday of every month starting at 7 pm in 2014: October 28th, November 25th, and
2) The Greenwood Fleamarket will be held on the 18th of October 2014.
GREENWOOD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB 26th ANNUAL FLEA MARKET 2014
All sorts of Amateur Radio, Computer and Electronics for sale. Sell your old stuff or buy some
new old stuff.
Date: 18 OCT 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00AM – 1:00PM (Open 8:00AM To Sellers)
Place: Greenwood Community Centre, Church Street, Greenwood, Nova Scotia
Cost: Admission $4.00. Tables Free To Sellers
GPS Coordinates: N44° 58.512’ W064° 55.612’
Talk In: VE1WN 147.240+
A BBQ Lunch will be available. There will be various door prizes given out throughout the event
with one big door prize at the end. To Book Tables Contact: Carol VE1ICY at cfhutchinson@gmail.
com To Obtain Further Info Contact: Al Penney VO1NO at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) The WARC October Brunch will be held at the Parkview Restaurant in Oxford, NS on
Saturday, October 25th., 2014 starting at 11 am.
4) The WARC November Meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 beginning
at 7 pm. Due to ongoing construction at the Fullerton County Building, the meeting location is yet to
be determined so check here later. If you didn't pay your dues at the September meeting, now
would be a good time. Hope to see a good turnout. All are welcome. Sandwiches: VE1CHI, Jim and
Sweets: VE1SM, Peter.
5) The WARC November Brunch will be held at Patterson's Restaurant in Sackville, NB on
Saturday, November 15th, 2014 starting at 11 am. Why not consider attending this one? All are
|Join the Club!
(Dues Mail-In Form)
|This webcounter was installed on 28th February 2009:
|Server space for the WARC Website is kindly donated by www.byethost.com
Two Metre Repeaters
VE1MTN/147.090 +/Moncton, NB
VE9SBR/147.225 +/Shediac, NB
VE9SKV/145.230 -/Sackville, NB
VY2PEI/145.150 -/Cavendish, PE
VE1CRA/146.670 -/Charlottetown, PE
VE1UHF/146.715 -/Glen Valley, PE
VE1CFR/146.850 -/Summerside, PE
VE1WRC/147.285 +/Amherst, NS
VE1BHS/145.350 -/Sugarloaf, NS
VE1SPR/147.000 -/Springhill, NS
VE1SPH/146.805 -/Springhill, NS
VE1PAR/145.470 -/Parrsboro, NS
VE1NET/146.745 -/Parrsboro, NS
VE1HAR/147.135 +/Truro, NS
For complete repeater info click this link:
(Thanks to Ron, VE1AIC)
|WARC Monday Night Two Metre
Net NC Roster: 2014-2015
|It was sad to learn of the passing of Al Christie's (VE1ZS) daughter, Susan Hill. Our condolences go out
to Al, Mary and family at this difficult time. Here is the obituary from Campbell's Funeral Home in
|DTMF Board Turns on Lights at Home!
VE1GK, Glenn gave a short "Hints & Kinks" presentation during
the October club meeting regarding the DTMF board he has
through which he can use DTMF tones from an HT to turn on
lights at his home. In fact, he demonstrated this on the way home
from the meeting and I saw the flashing lights high up in Clairmont
while listening to his demo on two metres. Well done Glenn!
(Below is Glenn's photo of the DTMF Board)