Posted Nov. 2nd, 2019
A meeting was held in Amherst on Oct.30th, 2019 with the organizing committee of S.M.A.R.T. to recap the 2019 event and to begin planning for next year's SMART.
Attending the meeting was Bernie Cormier VE9BGC, George Dewar VY2GF, Kevin Burke VE1KEV, Mike Masters VE1ZB, Robert Mannette VE1RMJ and Jim Langille VE1JBL.
There was talk about how to utilize the third room upstairs. The room is small but we may be able to have small groups get together if needed. We may also be able to use the back end of the arena for a special event.
We are hoping for a better internet connection so that there may be webinar classes next year.
- The canteen was a hit this year and will return.
- The flea market will also return.
- The SMART barbecue will be back and include hamburgers, hot dogs, soft drinks or water and as always is free as it is included with your entry fee. Hopefully the weather will cooperate better than last.
- The most popular class from last year (Pi-Star) will be a 2 hour event with talk of having complete Pi-Star units for sale for interested hams.
- There will be 2 PEI bridge passes next year, one draw for Islanders only and the other for everyone.
- There will be a minimum of 2 radios for the raffle
- The 50/50 will return.
The next meeting has been scheduled for early January and hopefully by then all the classes will be complete. They will then be posted on the webpage ASAP and the registration form will be activated.